Chef #379453's Note:
When we were stationed in the Philippines a friend added water chestnuts to the green bean casserole and I have added them ever since. I have changed the recipe even more to make it "More Diet Friendly" - with no canned Cream of Mushroom Soup - if it seems a little dry - add a little water to make "gravy".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- 2Spray casserole with Butter Spray.
- 3Place Whole Green Beans in bowl and microwave for 4 minutes on high.
- 4In heavy skillet, brown sliced scallions and remove from skillet and toss with flour.
- 5Spray Skillet again with butter spray and pan fry shallots till crisp. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 6In the same skillet, brown the sliced mushrooms in butter spray.
- 7Remove Green Beans from microwave, they should still be tender crisp, and drain any water.
- 8In prepared casserole add the fried scallions and mushrooms and drained sliced Water Chestnuts to the Green Beans.
- 9Place in oven and heat through, keep warm till serving.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Green Bean Casserole- No Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g