Recipe by PetesNina
These potatoes are wonderfully browned, delicious and fairly easy to prepare. They seem to compliment most everything we have paired them with. I looked at other Lemon Garlic Potato recipes and none were exactly the same, so I posted these here for safe keeping. If you try them, I surely hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do!
Top Review by Sandy Ramirez
The potatoes came out fantastic! I doubled the recipe and everyone loved it. The only change I made was that I cooked the potatoes covered for the first 45 minutes and uncovered for the last 30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes and cut into chunks. If they are the small potatoes, cut in half. If they are about the size of Idahos, cut into 6 even chunks.
- Mix seasonings, lemon juice, zest and oil together.
- Toss potatoes with lemon mixture.
- Place in a 11x7 cooking dish. Do NOT drain off any extra lemon mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, turning a couple times.
- Sometimes I drizzle extra lemon juice over the finished potatoes just because I like them extra lemony.