Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These potatoes are wonderfully browned, delicious and fairly easy to prepare. They seem to compliment most everything we have paired them with. I looked at other Lemon Garlic Potato recipes and none were exactly the same, so I posted these here for safe keeping. If you try them, I surely hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Wash potatoes and cut into chunks. If they are the small potatoes, cut in half. If they are about the size of Idahos, cut into 6 even chunks.
- Mix seasonings, lemon juice, zest and oil together.
- Toss potatoes with lemon mixture.
- Place in a 11x7 cooking dish. Do NOT drain off any extra lemon mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, turning a couple times.
- Sometimes I drizzle extra lemon juice over the finished potatoes just because I like them extra lemony.
The potatoes came out fantastic! I doubled the recipe and everyone loved it. The only change I made was that I cooked the potatoes covered for the first 45 minutes and uncovered for the last 30 minutes.
Loved the crispiness of these, but the liquid burnt black around the potatoes. I used fresh oregano, just a sprinkle of salt, and extra lemon at the table. I am not sure why they burned...
This recipe has been included in book#246531. Yum! I made these last night and this recipe is delicious. As the reviewer below says, the proportions of the spices are just perfect. Roasting the potatoes with the extra lemon mixture, and not draining it off, made the potatoes really soak in that wonderful lemon flavor. Thanks for posting this keeper!