Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is ridiculously good zucchini bread. Its a recipe passed down to my mom from my great aunt. Its moist, just the right amount of sweetness, perfect spices, great toasted or right off the loaf with some butter.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven 325 F.
- Grease and flour 2 5x9 loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Shred the zucchini into thin strips either by hand or a food processor attachment.
- Press the zucchini dry by putting it in a strainer and press down (in the sink or outside) with a few paper towels until the towels don't really absorb much more water. (This is so the zucchini absorb the ingredients rather than make the bread mushy with all their water).
- In a large mixing bowl mix sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and zucchini.
- Sift (the sifting is important!) flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices (sometimes I add more of the spices if I'm making the loaf for me).
- Add dry mixture to wet zucchini mixture and beat with a fork until well blended.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour into the loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 F for 1 hour, or 45 min if you're using mini loaf pans.
- Check every 20 minutes for doneness with a toothpick or knife. I like it when its just starts to get crispy on top, but still has a little shine to it.
- Cool 20 minutes in pans on a rack, then remove from pans.
MUST be my day to use zucchini, This was really moist, delish to me! I finely grated nuts as is personal taste, TRUE! SO glad I got to review!