Yummy InMyTummy's Note:
This is ridiculously good zucchini bread. Its a recipe passed down to my mom from my great aunt. Its moist, just the right amount of sweetness, perfect spices, great toasted or right off the loaf with some butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven 325 F.
- 2Grease and flour 2 5x9 loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- 3Shred the zucchini into thin strips either by hand or a food processor attachment.
- 4Press the zucchini dry by putting it in a strainer and press down (in the sink or outside) with a few paper towels until the towels don't really absorb much more water. (This is so the zucchini absorb the ingredients rather than make the bread mushy with all their water).
- 5In a large mixing bowl mix sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and zucchini.
- 6Sift (the sifting is important!) flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices (sometimes I add more of the spices if I'm making the loaf for me).
- 7Add dry mixture to wet zucchini mixture and beat with a fork until well blended.
- 8Fold in chopped nuts.
- 9Pour into the loaf pans.
- 10Bake at 325 F for 1 hour, or 45 min if you're using mini loaf pans.
- 11Check every 20 minutes for doneness with a toothpick or knife. I like it when its just starts to get crispy on top, but still has a little shine to it.
- 12Cool 20 minutes in pans on a rack, then remove from pans.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Great Aunt's Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 183.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g