For as long as I can remember, this dish has been an accompaniment to the holiday meals at our house. It is my very favorite with ham, I love that sweet and salty thing. I can't guarantee I'll convert it to your favorite too, but I'm willing to give it a try! Give it a go, ok?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 1 (40 ounce) can yams, drained (we use Bruce's)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the milk.
- 2In a separate bowl, mash the yams with a fork.
- 3Add the yams, butter, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon to the cornstarch and milk and mix well.
- 4Pour into a 13x9 glass baking dish.
- 5Bake 20 minutes at 400°F.
- 6In the meantime, mix the topping ingredients over low heat until combined.
- 7Set aside until casserole has completed the 20 minute bake time.
- 8Then, spread the topping over casserole and bake another 15 minutes or until your topping begins to brown slightly.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Granny's and Mom's Best and Different Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 121.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g