1 hr 45 mins
This is a recipe that my Grandmother used to make and I am probably cursed forever for posting but oh well at least it will make people happy!:)My grandmother would not have store bought most of this but I am a realist. Also my H does not like the eggs so I ususally omit but I thought I would put them in this since that is the old way.( This is my first posting of a recipe so I hope I make it worth the while)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 fresh lasagna noodles (cooked about 1 minute less than suggested)
- 4.5 (26 ounce) jars tomato sauce, your favorite
- 1 1/2 lbs swiss cheese, shredded
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Meatballs: (I make these in double or triple batches and freeze them after I cook them, then pull them out and use them whenever).
- 2Break bread in to 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- 3Add milk to toasted bread squeeze together until all bread is damp (discard any left over milk).
- 4Add all other ingredients by hand and mix by hand ( you want to see the bread chunks in the mix).
- 5Roll into 1 inch meat balls.
- 6Heat in an oven at 425 until lightly browned.
- 7Lasagna (layers from bottom to top).
- 8Sauce bottom of pan
- 9Layer noodles next.
- 10Meatballs and swiss cheese.
- 12Sauce again.
- 14Meatballs and swiss.
- 19Parmesan to top.
- 20bake at 425 1 hour or until hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Grandmothers Falscaldo Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.3
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 375.1 mg
- Sodium 2488.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lasagna noodles