Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Grandma's pie crust.
Make and share this My Grandma's Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Blend Crisco and flour with a pastry cutter; I recommend gradually blending in the flour.
- Sprinkle the 5 tablespoons cold water (refrigerated/bottled water works) one tablespoon at a time over the dough while cutting it with a butter knife to blend.
- This recipe will make a 9-inch double pie crust.
- If you don't want to make the pie until later this will keep wrapped in wax paper either refrigerated or not.
- To use, flour a clean counter top and rolling pin.
- Divide the dough with one piece being slightly larger.
- Mix in a little more flour in the larger piece.
- Begin to roll it from the middle out on the counter.
- Try to keep it circular and continue to roll it until it is big enough.
- Transfer pastry into a pie pan; press down and cut off excess with a knife.
- Mix the trimmings into the other smaller piece of dough; repeat the process.
- Fill your pie.
- Transfer the rolled dough to the top.
- Seal the dough, cut off excess pastry, and make slits (normally).
- Bake according to pie directions.
- Cut trimmings into strips and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake trimmings with the pie or before the pie. Watch very carefully as the trimmings will be done quickly and can burn easily.