Recipe by Cabin Cat
So many potato salad recipes try to make themselves better by adding unusual ingredients. I can guarantee those will be the ones still sitting on the table after the picnic is over. This recipe came from my Grandma who was born in the late 1800's and it's the only one we keep coming back to!
Top Review by janchi
This recipe is almost exactly the same as the one my mom, and now the rest of the family, make. Cabin Cat, you are right, this potatoe salad disappears at gatherings so fast it is amazing. This is the ONLY potatoe salad!
- 15 medium potatoes, cooked & cubed to the size your family likes*
- 6 large eggs, hard cooked
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, minced, twice as much as you have onion
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish, heaping
- 1 cup mayonnaise, to moisten depends on type of potato
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together. Some add crisp fried chopped bacon but its not really necessary.
- Keep in mind that some types of potato absorb more mayonaise than others.
- Pile into a nice glass bowl, and decorate top with more thin-sliced eggs and parsley sprigs.
- *note: 15 potatoes or 5 pounds, whichever comes first.