Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
This salad is beautiful in color (lovely served in a clear glass or crystal bowl) and refreshing in taste. Different from other cranberry-pineapple salads, this one is not made with gelatin, making it lighter and fluffier. Begin making the salad 2 days before you need to serve it.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 (6 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 2 days before serving the salad:.
- Grind cranberries in a food processor and mix them in a large bowl with sugar.
- Store, covered, in frig.
- 1 day before serving the salad:.
- Add crushed pineapple (with liquid) and marshmallows to cranberry mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered.
- Day of serving the salad:.
- Whip the cream and fold into fruit mixture.
- Serve chilled.