1/3 Photos of My Good Spaghetti
Seasoned Cook's Note:
DELICIOUS!! My family loves spaghetti. I have perfected my own recipe by preparing it over a hundred times to get the "just right" taste. We like a lot of sauce, therefore, I only cook 8 ounces of noodles. We like the thin spaghetti noodles. I had to write the recipe down because my granddaughter and her son love it. For this recipe I purchase the leanest ground beef which is 93 percent meat and 7 percent fat. We always have a large piece of crusty buttered garlic bread with our spaghetti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) spaghetti sauce (I use Bertolli's Tomato and Basil sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles (thin)
- 1In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil and saute onions for 2 minutes. Lift out into a small dish and set aside. (For the garlic lovers, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic may be added to cook along with onions.).
- 2Brown ground beef and drain. Place onions and ground beef back into saucepan.
- 3Add spaghetti sauce - (I use Bertolli's Tomato and Basil sauce. I rinse out the jar with the 1/2 cup of water and pour into saucepan.) Continue to add: tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- 4Place lid on saucepan and cook on low heat for 30 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, cook noodles according to instructions on box. (I add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to water to prevent noodles from sticking together and add salt to water.) Cook only to a la dente stage and drain.
- 5Serve noodles on plate with sauce on top. Serve with buttered garlic bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Good Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 903.4
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 2694.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: