Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This truly is one of may favorite sangrias. I first tried this at a GFs house when she wanted all the kindergarten moms to meet HULLO! I bet you like it too! Have all ingredients chilled before serving.
- 1500 ml beaujola red wine, 2 bottles, chilled
- 1 cup captain morgan spiced rum, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice, chilled without pulp
- 1 cup simple sugar syrup (recipe to follow)
- fruit, soaked in rum for one hour (diced apples, oranges, limes)
- 6 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Simple sugar: Fill a measuring cup with 1/2 C sugar and fill to 1 C measure with water (=1 C simple sugar) . Over low heat, Stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool. It is now ready to use.
- Cut or slice fruits: apples, oranges, limes.
- One hour prior to serving, place fruit in the pitcher, add rum and let soak for one hour.
- In a large pitcher combine remaining ingredients.
- Fill glasses with ice, sangria and a slice of fruit.