Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love to drink this plain or with add-ins like lemon juice, cayenne pepper, etc. This is the "plain" version, which you can sweeten with honey, agave nectar, etc., if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups water
- Rinse the gingerroot.
- Combine gingerroot and water In a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes; taste. If it tastes too weak, continue simmering. If it tastes too strong, add more water OR wait until just before you want to drink it (because you may want to sip the whole pot over the course of a couple of hours).
- Strain. Add sweetener, if desired.
- When ready to drink the tea, if it is too strong, add a little hot water to taste.