Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, basic, delicious recipe. Trust me!
- 3 tablespoons sweet creamy butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces evaporated milk, hot (not boiling)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 16 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- Grease or spray casserole dish.
- Prepare wheat fusilli according to package instructions.
- While fusilli is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan.
- When melted, add flour, stirring constantly until butter is absorbed (less than a minute).
- Whisk in hot milk, stir constantly (for about 2 minutes).
- Add 2 cups of cheese and stir until smooth.
- Season cheese mix with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- After draining pasta, rinse under cold water.
- Combine pasta with cheese sauce and mix.
- Pour pasta and cheese mix into pan and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake fusilli and cheese at 400°F for 20 minutes.