Recipe by kate09
I couldn't find a satisfactory meatloaf recipe so I made my own. Turned out pretty well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion (peeled)
- 4 red potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 large cucumber (unpeeled)
- 2 medium carrots (unpeeled)
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (separated)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce (optional topper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up 1/2 onion, tomato, cucumber and 1 carrot in a food processor.
- Combine with ground beef.
- Add all the sauces and spices and 1 tablespoon of the garlic.
- Put taco sauce on top if you want, or use some steak sauce (1/4 cup ketchup and worcestershire sauce to taste).
- Shape the loaf and put in the center of a glass oven dish.
- Cut up the rest of the vegetables and arrange around the loaf. I usually make big chunks. Put garlic and salt and pepper to taste on the vegetables.
- Cover the glass dish either with foil or another dish.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and if you want a brown crust bake for 10 more minutes.
- If vegetables are not as done as you want them to be, cover again and reduce to 250 degrees and leave for another 20 minutes.