The friand is a small, moist, dense, rich almondy cake. It is truly awesome. I can never stop at just one. I like to eat it fresh out of the oven, with a tablespoon of fresh cream. Wonderful. If you feel like a treat, add some fresh strawberries with the cream :). From Simple Food by Jill Dupleix
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- 2Melt butter and allow it to cool.
- 3Use 1 tablespoon to coat 10 muffin tin moulds or individual oval baking moulds measuring 5 x 10 cm.
- 4Sift icing sugar and flour into bowl, mix in the ground almonds.
- 5Lightly beat egg whites with a fork, fold them into dry ingredients.
- 6Add cooled, melted butter and orange rind, mix well.
- 7Three quarters fill each mould with mixture and bake on the middle shelf of oven for 10 minutes.
- 8Turn tray around, and bake for another 5- 10 minutes, till tops are golden, and springy to the touch.
- 9Leave in the tins for 5 minutes, then gently unmould onto a wire tray and leave to cool.
- 10Dust the friands with icing sugar to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Friend the Friand
Serving Size: 1 (861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g