Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
First time I had this chili dip is when an old and dear friend of mine served it at a gathering at her home. I LOVED IT! It is so yummy. It's a dip that is layered and baked. She would sometimes make it for her finicky kids for dinner and they would always gobble it up. It is one of the best chili dips around.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 3⁄8 ounces chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups mexican mix shredded cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat cook the ground beef or ground turkey until cooked through. Drain the fat. (If using lean ground turkey, add about 1 T oil to hot skillet before cooking the turkey).
- To the ground meat in the skillet, add the water and chili seasoning. With a wooden spoon distribute evenly.
- Add refried beans and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Spread 8 oz. cream cheese on bottom of 8 x 5 casserole dish. Top with meat mixture. Spread shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot with taco chips or taco scoops for dipping.