Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just had the great pleasure of imposing upon my wonderful friend Malka for a visit in Jerusalem. One night she served us these fragrant, delicious roasted vegetables, and we all but licked the bowl clean. Were they only delicious it would be nice, but they are also almost effortless to make. So, I share them here in the hope that any of us can make them, even without Malka's special dose of love for guests. I recommend using a variety of veggies and colors-- it will be lovely.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs assorted fresh vegetables, cut into large chunks (e.g. zucchini, yellow squash, colored peppers, carrots, celery, onions,carrot...)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelopegood seasons garlic & herb salad dressing mix (do not make the dressing)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a plastic bag, shaking well.
- Place in a 9"x13" pan, uncovered.
- Bake, stirring once, for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Bon appetit!
I roasted potatoes, onions, carrots and bell peppers this way. They were awesome! I used recipe #98194 without the sugar in place of the dressing mix. Thanks for sharing.