Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 10 mins
This is adapted from the FoodNetwork Paula Deen Show... sounds delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (4 ounce) Snickers candy bars
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 cups whipped topping
- additional whipped topping, for garnish
- chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press down into the bottom of a pie pan to form a crust and bake for about 8 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt together candy bars, peanut butter, and half-and-half, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Fold in whipped topping, pour into crust, and freeze for 4 to 6 hours before serving. (For a richer pie, substitute 2 cups heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form, in place of prepared whipped topping.).
- When ready to serve, top with additional whipped topping and drizzle wth chocolate syrup. Store in refrigerator.
I am going to have to make this for the sheer nostalgia - when we were little, my sister & I named a little palomino filly we bottlefed - Flicker. She lived 33 years - will make & think of her - will update after making.