Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This can be made more or less spicy by the number of jalapenos that are added...fresh are essential. I sometimes add a splash of bottled clam juice to enhance the flavor.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 -8 fresh jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer at least 1/2 hour.
- Serve over pasta.