Recipe by Secret Agent
Alice uses a frozen crust for a quick pie but I love Linda's Fantabulous Food Processor Pie Crust for this. When I got the recipe I misread it and instead of doing it in a pie tin I just put it on parchment on a baking sheet and it came out great! It's fast and easy so give it a try and have it with a salad for an easy lunch. It also makes a great appeteaser.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 tomatoes, Jersey beefsteaks if you can get them
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mustard, dijon (or Grey Poupon or what you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, kosher
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out your pie crust and place on a sheet pan. Spread mustard over crust, add swiss cheese and add thick slices of tomatoes and sprinkle with pepper and kosher salt if you like).
- Bake at 425* for about 35 - 45 minutes. You want the crust cooked through and the tomatoes should be starting to color up. All the cheese should be melty.