2 hrs 3 mins
1 hr 18 mins
Georgia Girl's Note:
YUMMY. I concocted this recipe in an attempt to copy a cake that was served in a deli where I and my co-workers went to have lunch at least twice a week. It comes pretty close to the original, and it keeps well--seems to get better as the days go on, although my family loved it so much it didn't last that many days!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups peeled and chopped apples (I use Granny Smith apples)
- 5 tablespoons calvados apple brandy
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups moist flaked coconut (I use Angel Flake)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat the oil and sugars together.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- 4Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda together.
- 5Add half of the flour mixture gradually to the egg mixture, mixing well.
- 6Add the apple brandy, vanilla and the coconut, mixing well.
- 7Dredge the apples, raisins and nuts in the remaining flour, coating well.
- 8Gradually stir into the cake mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- 9Pour into a well-greased and floured 10 inch tube cake pan.
- 10Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or until a knife blade comes out clean when inserted into the cake.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Fresh Apple Brandy Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2043 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8000.1
- Calories from Fat 4150
- Total Fat 461.1 g
- Saturated Fat 86.3 g
- Cholesterol 634.5 mg
- Sodium 4151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 934.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 42.6 g
- Sugars 586.0 g
- Protein 77.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: