Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I named this recipe because it's one I made up off the top of my head and DH absolutely loves it. I find letting the bread soak in the egg mixture gives the bread a "custardy" type consistency on the inside. I use Splenda as the artificial sweetener. If you prefer you can certainly use sugar instead of Splenda and butter instead of cooking spray to grease your pan. Also, you will probably need to respray your pan between batches.
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butternut flavoring, extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener
- 9 slices white bread
- cooking spray
- syrup (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except bread.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer mix until well combined & frothy.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- While skillet is heating soak bread in egg mixture (one at a time) for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Using an egg turner carefully remove bread and place in skillet.
- Cook until golden brown then turn and cook on other side.
- Remove from skillet and top with either syrup or powdered sugar, if desired.