1/3 Photos of My French Onion Soup
3 hrs 30 mins
Perfection simplified. A rich tasting soup that everyone will think you slaved over. Better than that you get at the fanciest place! The house will smell great too! Slightly freeze the onions for ease in slicing and less tears.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large dutch oven, melt butter.
- 2Saute onions until golden brown.
- 3Add flour and blend.
- 4Add broth, and remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover and simmer cook on low at least 3 hours.
- 6Serve in ovenproof bowls, with garlic croutons floating on top.
- 7Cover croutons with mozzaarella or swiss cheese and broil until the cheese melts.
- 8This also works very well in the crockpot all day on low and freezes well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 497.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g