Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Comfort food, great on a snowy day
Make and share this My French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and add onions, stir well.
- Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes or until onions are soft and transparent.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking the onions until golden brown.
- Stir in the beef stock. Replace the lid and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Kitchen Bouquet and salt, if needed.
- To serve, top bowl of soup with a slice of bread and 1/4 of the cheese.
- If desired, place under the broiler until cheese is melted.