1/2 Photos of My Flour Tortillas
Sidney penny's Note:
My family cooks everything by touch, I've never been able to duplicate their tortilla recipe until now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, stir in flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 2Add the shortening, the mixture should have a small mealy texture to it.
- 3Make a well in the middle and pour a small amount of water at a time until the dough comes together.
- 4Remove the dough from the bowl and continue to knead until it looks smooth and feels elasticy. Place in covered bowl and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 5At this time, preheat ungreased griddle over medium-high heat.
- 6Tear off golfball sized pieces and lightly flatten, so they don't roll.
- 7Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a circle, thickness of a cracker.
- 8Cook for each side for about 1 minute.
- 9Both sides should be slightly freckled.
- 10Cooking time could vary.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Flour Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 449.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g