1/1 Photo of My First Yellow Crookneck Squash Fried
Well the name says it all. I decided to plant yellow squash this year and they are coming in so I figured let's do something with them along with the other stuff coming out of the garden. * any additional toppings can be used, and timing may be different for others, this was my first yellow squash baby so I was tender. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium size yellow squash, slied 1/8 in
- 2 large onions, scapes diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown paper bag, lunch size
- 1slice squash into 1/8 in slices.
- 2chop onion scapes and basil together.
- 3crack egg into bowl add milk.
- 4add in onion, basil, squash and turn to cover.
- 5in the paper bag, add flour, corn meal, cheese, salt, and pepper (if you like spicey you can add in hot peppers, red peppers, ).
- 6shake, shake, shake.
- 7put into med hot skillet with butter and oil and fry up, turn when edges are turning brown.
- 8at this point sprinkle with remaining parm cheese.
- 9take out and lay on a plate lined with paper towels to drain sprinkle with additional parm cheese or ther heat as you choose.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My First Yellow Crookneck Squash Fried
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 295.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g