Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
The title is not misleading! This will serve 16 easy! Or split and freeze one! Simple ingredients for a wallet friendly meal...or two!! :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (48 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb egg noodles, medium
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add sauce and sugar; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles as directed; drain and toss with butter, salts, and parm cheese.
- Spray nonstick spray into 2 casserole dishes.
- In both pans layer half the sauce, all the noodles, rest of the sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve one and freezer the other!
This was a very good casserole. I loved the buttery, cheesey noodles layered between the meat sauce. The entire recipe less a few noodles did fit into a 9x13 glass baking dish (barely). You are right, this makes enough to feed a small army! Thanks for sharing, we will have this again. Made for My 3 Chefs