Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this and I'll be your best friend if you can make this for me when the chips are low:) Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup potato, boiled and cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 cups yogurt, beaten till smooth
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add the chopped onions and cubed potatoes.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove on absorbent paper.
- Pour the yogurt in a bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and kasoori methi to it.
- Mix well.
- Add the sauteed onions and potatoes, green chillies and tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate until it's time to serve.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped corriander leaves.
I enjoyed this recipe. I have a lot of raita recipes but this was something different. Other than frying the green chilies with the onion, I followed the recipe as written.
This is so good. I made it exactly as posted. After a few hours in the fridge, the flavors were beautifully blended. The methi leaves are wonderful in this. Great recipe Char.
This was delicious. I didn't have any fenugreek leaves so I used a bit of tarragon leaves and cumin and I made it with cooked, diced yams as opposed to white potatoes. It's a lovely item for the relish tray.