Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to make this all year round! It's warm but refreshing! I hope you enjoy it. Measurements are approximate.
- 10 Brussels sprouts, chopped into halves or quarters
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil, dried
- water, enough to just cover the vegetables
- lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, add Brussels sprouts, onion and water, and bring to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add lentils and let simmer until the lentils are cooked and the vegetables have softened.
- Add a dash of bottled lemon juice to your preferred taste (or squeeze 1 lemon wedge for each serving) to each bowl just before serving.
- NOTE: you can add any other vegetables you want to this soup. Carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, garlic all go nicely - anything you can think of, really! A dash of Braggs or soy sauce are also a nice compliment.