Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very simple to prepare dish which you can make up to two days ahead and then reheat - the flavour only gets better! It is wonderful served with scalloped potatoes and carrots or beets.
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs short rib of beef
- In a saucepan, combine the beef stock, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, honey and pepper.
- Place the ribs in a small casserole.
- Pour the sauce over; cover and bake in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/4 hours.
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Serve with the sauce.
This made the most luscious sauce. Because of competing demands for the oven, I finished this by simmering on top of the stove for about 30 min (rather than uncovered in the oven), and for that reason I browned the ribs first. I also used homemade turkey stock, because I had it handy. But otherwise prepared the dish as written. Just wonderful. I used bone in ribs, and for us this was really just two servings.
I just made this dish and we all loved it thank You. I will make this one of my favorite meals. Very easy and very tasty.
I made this in my new pressure cooker. Other than the cooking method, I followed the recipe closely, except that I browned the ribs first and added the cornstarch at the end. The ribs were fabulous - so tender, and the sauce was very nice. Leftovers were at least as good as the original offering.