Recipe by Dannygirl
I love this comfort food. My roommate from University always used to get me to make it for her.
Top Review by catmaniacs
This went together quickly as I had cooked ground beef that I had defrosted in fridge and we had leftover mashed potatoes from last night. It was pretty good. We felt like it needed more corn so I ended up just cooking a can real quick after we had all started eating and we spooned it on top. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small cooking onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 6 large potatoes (or 2 packages instant mashed potatoes)
- 6 slices processed cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet brown ground beef with onion, garlic salt, and Worcestershire.
- In a bowl combine soup and corn, then add the ground beef mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of a 9x12-inch glass baking dish.
- Prepare mashed potatoes and layer on top of meat mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven, then cover with the cheese slices and place back in oven for an additional 15 minutes.