Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is how I make raita. Can be served with all curry dishes, grilled meats and rice dishes such as biryani.
- 300 g plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 -5 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 -2 green chili, finely chopped (omit if you dont like all the heat from the chillies)
- Blend milk and yogurt with a fork.
- Add other ingredients.
- Serve cold with curries + rice dishes.
Although I haven't tried this recipe but that is how I make it too & I know its an awesome recipe the cumin seeds, pepper & mint leaves is what makes it more tastier.For even more taste u can also add diced boiled potatoes.