1/3 Photos of My Favourite Gazpacho Soup
A wonderful cold raw tomato soup. Once the tomatoes and cucumbers are plentiful and the herbs are up this becomes a summer staple. It's almost a liquid salad. Fresh herbs and veggies are best but canned and dried can be substituted in a pinch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 118.29 ml mixed herbs (i used chives, parsley, dill, basil, thyme, tarragon)
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 709.77 ml beef stock or 709.77 ml consomme
- 1 sweet onions or 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber (English-style is best)
- 2.46-4.92 ml paprika
- additional parsley, as garnish (optional)
- croutons or breadcrumbs, as garnish
- 1Quarter tomatoes and place in a blender or food processor.
- 2Add chopped green pepper, coarsely chopped herbs, and pressed garlic.
- 3Blend till smooth or a consistency you prefer.
- 4Place in a serving bowl.
- 5Gradually add 1/2 cup olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, and 3 cups of chilled beef stock to the tomato mixture while stirring.
- 6Substitute vegetable stock for a vegetarian version.
- 7Blend the onion and 1/2 of the cucumber and add to the tomato mixture.
- 8Add the paprika and grate the remaining cucumber into the soup. Add salt if you like or allow people to add salt at the table.
- 9Place 2 ice cubes in each bowl and garnish with parsley.
- 11I like to serve this with a nice foccacia bread on the side, but it needs nothing else.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favourite Gazpacho Soup
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: