Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what I eat when there's nothing left to eat in the house..invented in when I was hungry one afternoon
- 236.59 ml cooked rice
- 3 small shallots (chopped)
- 78.07 ml frozen mixed vegetables
- 44.37 ml oyster sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- chicken stock powder (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- dried shrimp, small (optional, but it tastes better!)
- oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add shallots and fry till translucent on medium heat.
- Add mixed vegetables and continue frying for about 2 minutes.
- Toss in rice and mix it so that it is coated well with the oil, shallots and vegetables.
- Add oyster sauce and toss. You can add more if you want it a bit more wet, but make sure to taste it for salt first.
- Add chicken stock powder and salt to taste. Toss for about 1 minute.
- Make a well in the rice and add beaten egg. Cover it with the rice.
- Let it set till it hardens nicely and then toss everything around so that the egg is evenly distributed all over the rice.
- Plate it and ENJOY!