Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe that has come to be from trial and error. The whole family approve which is how I know it is a good dish. Cooking time includes time to boil potatoes Note: We dont use butter, we use flora buttery.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter (we use flora pro-activ)
- 100 g spinach, roughly torn
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt (to season)
- pepper (to season)
- Chop the potatoes into cubes and boil till tender. (15-25 mins depending on size of cubes).
- Strain off all water and let potatoes sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp butter, all the milk and sour cream whilst mashing the potatoes, season to taste with pinch nutmeg, using salt and pepper to your own taste.
- Mix in the spinach and spring onions, then pop in a suitable oven dish.Comb with a fork to leave furrows, spread remaining butter over lightly then pop in the oven at Gas Mark 5, 375 Fahrenheit, 180C for 30 minutes.