Recipe by Morg!
As short as i can put it.. if i had to eat only this for the rest of my life, i'd be perfectly content
Top Review by Gtahavefaith
This sounds exactly like my Grandma's Zucchini Bread (just exclude the cream cheese). Her's has been handed down through the years and now this one will be the one I hand down. Cannot wait to try it with the cream cheese! Also going to add 1 tsp almond extract.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour TWO 8 inch by 3 and 7/8 inch loaf pans. ( I used tin handi-foil ultimates).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth. Beat in cream cheese.
- In another large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon,salt, and nutmeg. On a low speed, gradually beat into the egg mixture.
- Fold in zucchini. Evenly divide batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow 10 minutes for cooling on a wire rack, then turn out of pans and allow to cool completely.