Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Wow. This takes me back to Tuscany!
- 1 cup dried white bean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 cups spinach (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (in oil, drained, chopped)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (minced)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Soak beans 8 hours.
- Drain. Rinse.
- Place in a pot.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 1 hour.
- Drain. Rinse. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet.
- Add onion. Saute 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Toss beans with onions, spinach, tomatoes and cheese.
- Puree the rest. Toss with beans.
- Serve immediately.