Recipe by Baby Kato
This is my personal favorite curry. I adore red curry with shrimp. I have changed this dish to suit my taste buds. Another quick and easy to make dish, that never disappoints. I use collasal shrimps in this dish but you could use jumbo shrimps. It's a great meal served with rice but is just as nice served with cellaphane noodles.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
I could have eaten the whole pot! It was sooooo good ~ I added water chestnuts, and about 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and garnished with chives and cilantro. Made for Newest Tag (now Rookie Recipes!)
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 inch galangal, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml coconut milk, canned
- 59.14 ml coconut cream, canned
- 2 stalk lemongrass, snapped in half
- 44.37 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml chili sauce, hot
- 14.79 ml lime juice, fresh
- 14.79 ml brown sugar (optional)
- 236.59 ml bamboo shoot, canned, thinly sliced, drained, rinsed
- 24 shrimp, collasal, uncooked, shelled
- 28.39 ml garlic chives (garnish)
- 946.36 ml rice, jasmine, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil and fry the shallots, galangal and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cream, lemongrass, fish sauce, chili sauce, lime juice, sugar and bamboo shoots. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Next add the shrimp and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Once the shrimp have turned pink remove the curry from the stove top and pour over the rice, garnish with the chives and serve immediately.