Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my all-time favorite ways to prepare tofu. It's not fussy, and can easily be adapted to suit your tastes. It is based on a Moosewood recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 14 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (mixed colors is nice)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lime
- 3 (10 inch) tortillas or 2 cups cooked rice
- salsa (for serving)
- chopped scallions (optional) or cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sautee onion until translucent and beginning to soften, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes).
- Add peppers, jalapeno, salt, and spices and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into pan, and stir to combine. Squirt lime juice over tofu/veggie mixture and cook 4-5 minutes more, WITHOUT STIRRING.
- Add salt and chili powder to taste and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Wrap in warmed tortillas or serve over rice, with salsa and cilantro to taste.
Very good. Whole family loved it.
I made this as a breakfast scramble and added chopped fake sausage links! The lime gives it a nice tang!