Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Necessity is the mother of invention. I always have spices and herbs on hand but never have mixes. Lots of recipes for Spinach Pinwheels calls for ranch mix and such. These are also purely vegetarian as there is no bacon or bacon bits included. The best part is these can be prepared the night before and make great presentation at your next get-together! Enjoy.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed between paper towels until dry
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (give or take to personal taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (give or take to personal taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives (a couple of pinches)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon parsley (a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt (a pinch)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed (a pinch)
- 1 (8 count) package 10-inch flour tortillas
- Mix all together well except shells.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas, leaving approximately 1/2" space around the edge of each shell.
- Roll up each tortilla very tight, and wrap individually in Saran wrap.
- Chill for about 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- To serve, cut into 1/2" slices.
I made this recipe for a New Year's Eve get-together. The only change I made was that I used a light cream cheese (not fat-free). It was very popular and I ended up bringing an empty plate home. Even the kids liked it!
Sorry that these haven't got a photo's of it's "own" .. it's sharing the limelight with Ham Appetillas Ham Appetillas and together they went down a treat... these wraps are a totally new type of taste for us here in NL and I was a little worried that the buffet guests wouldn't like them... I shouldn't have worried... these were disapearing quickly enough to reassure me :) People liked them, remarked that they did, but didn't rave. Please see my rating system: I've written it into my handwritten cookbook and given it a very well deserved 4 stars. Thanks !!!