Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my favorite spaghetti sauce. (I make it on the stove top but may be good for a crock pot).
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup grape jelly
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown beef with diced onion and drain.
- In separate sauce pan mix all other ingredients over medium high heat. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat add beef and onions. Let simmer. The longer the sauce simmers the better it taste. (We usually simmer for 3-5 hours).
- I almost always end up adding more spices while it cooks to get it just right, so the measurements above are a starting point.
Your favorite and now I think it's mine too! I love this. I knew when I chose this recipe for PAC Fall 2006, that it would not be the 100 star recipe that I am looking for. But this well deserves 5 stars. I made the italian seasoning part, used ground turkey and everything else exact. I knew I liked jellies in meatballs, so I thought that I might like this. I did and Do!!! I will be having this again and again. Thank you daggle!!!