1 hr 30 mins
Chef Shelby's Note:
I have tried a couple of recipes on zaar but I keep going back to my own. I got the sauce recipe from a friend of my moms and the meatball recipe is my own adaptation from a recipe on a Muellers box. Add your favorite pasta and you have a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 small onion (diced small)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes (ground and peeled-I use Pastene Kitchen Ready)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 48 ounces water (2 cans water for each can tomato paste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (real onion can be used but my family doesn't like finding onions in their meatballs, go figure)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2Cover bottom of large pan with olive oil.
- 3Add garlic and onion and heat on low until tender.
- 4Add Pastene tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 5Simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring often.
- 7In large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- 8Shape into balls (makes about 30).
- 9Meatball cooking directions:.
- 10Bake in oven at 350, turning occasionally until the meatballs are brown on the outside.
- 11Add the meatballs to sauce and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- 12This cooking method is also great for making the meatballs ahead of time. They can be frozen and dropped into sauce when you're ready.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 1399.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 32.5 g