Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 hrs
My aunt used to make this for the holiday's
- 4 lbs pig's feet (pork stew meat can be used as a substitute)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers (Seeds and stem removed) or 1 habanero pepper, chopped (Seeds and stem removed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- watercress, for garnish
- Place the cut up meat in a large pot.
- Cover with salted water.
- Cook over medium heat until the meat is tender (about 2 hours).
- Remove the meat from the water, rinse in cold water, and drain.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked meat, garlic, onion, pepper, lime juice, water, salt, cucumbers, parsley and ground pepper.
- Marinate for at least 6 hours.
- Serve cold.