Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was printed in our local newpaper years ago. It's my favorite "semi-homemade" alfredo sauce. I love it over fettuccine with some grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sifted parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package white sauce mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Cut butter into pieces and place in a pan to melt.
- Add white sauce mix and blend thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add cream and beat until the ingredients are almost boiling, stirring frequently with a whisk.
- Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Turn off heat.
- Blend in sifted Parmesan cheese, using whisk to thoroughly incorporate.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.