Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe cooks in no time, making it perfect for busy weeknights when you want a delicious meal in a hurry. Use refrigerated pasta to have a great dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes! This recipe is great with shrimp, chicken, or some of each! Serve with garlic bread and salad.
- Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, saute for approximately 30 seconds.
- Season shrimp (or chicken) with salt and pepper to taste, and add to the pan.
- Cook shrimp thoroughly, being careful not to overcook, flipping once-cooking time will depend on size of shrimp, but with medium shrimp, cooking time is approximately 5 minutes.
- If using chicken tenderloins, follow above instructions, adjusting cooking time as needed to thoroughly cook chicken.
- If using both chicken and shrimp, decrease amounts to 1/2 lb of each.
- Add chicken first, cook until almost done, then add shrimp, to prevent shrimp from overcooking.
- Increase heat to high, and add 1/2 to 3/4 of the chicken broth and sprinkle with parsley.
- Allow broth to heat through, check for seasoning, adding additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour over cooked fettucini or linguini, stir well, and serve with a slice of warm garlic bread and a tossed salad.
Very good recipe! This is a much lighter version that I have made in the past, and it was still quite good. I did not make any changes to the recipe this time, but I would probably add more garlic next time as well as a splash of wine. I did use both the chicken and the shrimp and thought this was a good combo.
I feel like Miss Piggy writing this review!! We have no leftovers!! It was fabulous. I made a few minor changes. Instead of the can of broth, I used about 5oz of my chicken stock and about 5 oz of wine(I had to use red, I was out of white} also added about 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley. I served it over angel hair and it was outta this world. We just kept munching on the left over shrimps all night long (not that there were that many). Thanks TGirl for another great recipe.
We love this recipe. I have made it many times. Instead of chicken, I used brocolli. Shrimp and broccolli scampi.....what a great meal!! Thanks for the recipe.