This is for people who cringe at the thought of fruit in their chicken salad! There are no raisins... no grapes... no pineapple bits... nothing sweet in this recipe!! I grew up on the salty flavors of the chicken salad from the New York Deli in Boulder, CO. It was delicious! They closed many years ago - and that drove me to make my own version. Here it is! Serve on a toasted bagel (my favorite) or stuff in a pita, or in a croissant - fancy! Always delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut of your cooked chicken into small, bite size pieces (or you can shred your chicken). Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl, combine well. That's it!
- 3Watch your mayonnaise as you go -- we like ours on the dry side -- if you love mayo - you can always add more -- but it's really hard to take out if you add too much. Be careful people! I recommend Hellmans Brand mayo -- good flavor.
- 4You could add some slivered almonds - if you like that kind of thing.
- 5Also - you can use any kind of cooked chicken: baked, boiled, sauteed, crock pot -- a roasted chicken from the grocery store! It all works and tastes great!
- 6Take a little nibble of your mixture and see how it tastes. Adjust seasonings to taste. My mom always said that if your recipe doesn't taste quite right -- add a little more salt. That was her secret -- and she was right!
- 7Slather your chicken salad on your favorite bread of choice and enjoy!
- 8Yum Yum!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Savory Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 601.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g