Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is for people who cringe at the thought of fruit in their chicken salad! There are no raisins... no grapes... no pineapple bits... nothing sweet in this recipe!! I grew up on the salty flavors of the chicken salad from the New York Deli in Boulder, CO. It was delicious! They closed many years ago - and that drove me to make my own version. Here it is! Serve on a toasted bagel (my favorite) or stuff in a pita, or in a croissant - fancy! Always delicious!
- Cut of your cooked chicken into small, bite size pieces (or you can shred your chicken). Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl, combine well. That's it!
- Watch your mayonnaise as you go -- we like ours on the dry side -- if you love mayo - you can always add more -- but it's really hard to take out if you add too much. Be careful people! I recommend Hellmans Brand mayo -- good flavor.
- You could add some slivered almonds - if you like that kind of thing.
- Also - you can use any kind of cooked chicken: baked, boiled, sauteed, crock pot -- a roasted chicken from the grocery store! It all works and tastes great!
- Take a little nibble of your mixture and see how it tastes. Adjust seasonings to taste. My mom always said that if your recipe doesn't taste quite right -- add a little more salt. That was her secret -- and she was right!
- Slather your chicken salad on your favorite bread of choice and enjoy!
- Yum Yum!
As written this was really salty for us. I added more chicken and mayo and then we all enjoyed it.