Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
The best ever!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar or jack)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded chicken, cooked
- your favorite hot sauce (I use Tapatio brand)
- cooking spray
- Heat a skillet and spray with cooking spray over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and hot sauce.
- Place 1 tortilla on your skillet, sprinkle cheese all over the tortilla, add the chicken and cover with another tortilla.
- Cook on each side for about 1 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the last 2 tortillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into fourths and serve!
- Enjoy with your amigos, you will always want to make more!
Hey, I'm the first review, and this recipe has been around for over 7 months. I've made this a bunch of times, since I had a bag of "masa harina de maiz" to use up. Yes, I made the tortillas for this recipe myself. This was pretty good, and easy. Funny, I'd always thought quesadillas had to be made with flour tortillas, but the corn tortillas worked just fine here, though the results were smaller. I always used cheddar cheese for this, out of habit, and I used genuine Tapatio sauce too. I quickly found, however, that 1 minute was not nearly enough time for this. I bumped it up to 1.5 and then two minutes per side, and the cheese was much more melted, and the tortillas approached the desired "golden brown" color. A nice, quick recipe, with handy ingredients. Thanks!