Recipe by morrispowell2708
I'm a potato and mayo freak. This potato salad recipe, adapted from Gourmet, satisfies all my urges. Cutting the potatoes in uniform slices (I think the idea comes from Bon Appetit) solves all those nasty 'are they all done?' questions.
Top Review by haven't the slightest
This was fantastic! I used 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and only 1 tbsp of lemon juice. I mixed the chives with the other ingredients before refrigerating and I was really pleased. I made this a few hours before dinner and it was perfect by the time we ate. Great recipe, thanks a lot.
- 2 lbs new potatoes, skin on, in 3/4 inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and mashed with with 1 tsp salt
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until just done.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all other ingredients except chives in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes, and while still hot, add to whisked ingredients. Mix well.
- As potatoes cool, stir occasionally so that they absorb all liquid.
- Place in refigerator, covered, over night.
- Let potatoes come to room temperature and stir in chives.