Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm a potato and mayo freak. This potato salad recipe, adapted from Gourmet, satisfies all my urges. Cutting the potatoes in uniform slices (I think the idea comes from Bon Appetit) solves all those nasty 'are they all done?' questions.
- Boil potatoes until just done.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all other ingredients except chives in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes, and while still hot, add to whisked ingredients. Mix well.
- As potatoes cool, stir occasionally so that they absorb all liquid.
- Place in refigerator, covered, over night.
- Let potatoes come to room temperature and stir in chives.
This was fantastic! I used 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and only 1 tbsp of lemon juice. I mixed the chives with the other ingredients before refrigerating and I was really pleased. I made this a few hours before dinner and it was perfect by the time we ate. Great recipe, thanks a lot.
I was doubtful that this recipe, with its relatively few ingredients, could make a potato salad that would taste so good. It is very, very good. I didn't add the water and still had a little extra liquid in the bottom of the bowl. I too like mayo, so I think I added a bit more than called for. Love the fresh flavor the lemon juice adds. Thanks for sharing.