Recipe by marisk
This is what I eat when I don't feel like cooking! Servings 1-4...if you're like me, you'll be able to eat it all by yourself!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot.
- When butter is melted or nearly so, add the remaining ingredients. Cover pot.
- Pop kernels over medium heat. Once the kernels start popping, shake frequently.
- Continue shaking until done, about 3 minutes. There will be a difference in the rate of popping when it is done -- maybe 2-3 seconds between pops. Don't wait until there are no more pops; kernels may start burning.
- Remove from heat. Put in a large bowl and enjoy!
- Yield is 2.5 to 3 quarts.
- NOTE: If you use a wok, make sure the lid fits within the wok. If it overlaps the edge the drippings will go on your stove top and make a mess. Also, when enough popcorn is popped to move the lid, lift it a little to make room under it -- be careful or the kernels will pop out :).